BGP Communities can be used to control various functions of the route server. With these communities, you can:
- control the redistribution of advertised prefixes, based on an ASN or on geolocation
- prepend your own ASN up to three times
- trigger the calculation of a new alternate path (if available) for your advertised prefixes before you start commencing a maintenance
Please note that if the $PEER-AS is a four byte AS number you have to use the Large Communities.
Don't announce to specific members
By default, you got reanounced to every members. If you don't want that, you can combine community below to do more specific things This only can be used for device support large communities.
Other IXP Communities
BatamIX carries a number of ixp prefixes in Indonesia, for now there are openixp and iix prefixes, each ixp is tag by the Communities, you can filter the ixp tag according to your network needs, can be seen below:
|Standard Communities||Large Communities|
|Import from Openixp||41239:7717||41239:1:7717|
|Import from IIX||41239:7597||41239:1:7597|
|Don't announce to OpenIXP||41239:201||41239:0:201|
|Don't announce to IIX||41239:202||41239:0:202|
Blackholing is typically used to fight massive DDoS attacks which congest the physical connection between BatamIX and a Member Router.
Besides signaling a blackhole via direct peering, you can signal blackholes via the route servers at all BatamIX exchanges
To be fully compatible, you need to follow those rules:
- Accept up to /32 IPv4 or /128 IPv6
- Send us your blackhole route with this community
- Have this route included into your subnet (irrdb filtered)
- Blackhole on your side any route received with that community